Sunday, July 31, 2011

Iron Maiden Trip'2011. Part 5. Coming home.

Part 5.
A few more days in St.Pete and Coming Home.

Not as interesting as the previous ones :)

After the gig I reunited with Nika who stood at Adrian's side during the gig and we went to get some water to wet our extremely dry throats in the nearby store... As did a coupla hundreds other Maiden fans :) Chants 'Maiden Maiden' could be heard in all the queues :) I love when this happens :) It wasn't the same feeling of camaraderie as in the center of Helsinki after the gig, but as close as it could get here :)


On the way from the gig I took out my phone and noticed this on the step counter :D Nice catch! And very fitting for the Iron Maiden gig – The Number of The Beast :D



Then we went to the center of the city, for a quick refreshment in my hotel and then to try and guess, which pub Maiden guys might be using :) No, we're not stalkers, I was ravenous hungry :) We settled on one place not far from the Maiden hotel, but we didn't guess the right one :) Apart from one English-speaking guy in Tampa t-shirt there was no sign of Maiden there :) But the ham-and-eggs was great! Nika was really disappointed, but I wasn't. "Always look on the bright side of life", remember? ;) It was one amazing weekend, no need to spoil it with negative impressions.

At about 2 or 3 we decided to call it a night. I went back to my hotel, Nika attempted to return to her apartment on the outskirts of the city, but met some Maiden fans on the way and didn't return until 7 am. That's some partying :D



The last two and a half days weren’t interesting at all. I woke up at 7, as usual, checked out of my hotel and went to Nika’s place, ‘coz we planned to do a lot together. But we didn’t. Different habits and sleeping and waking made sure of that. On Monday we didn’t leave her place until about 2 pm – more than half a day wasted! Nika wanted to check out the Maiden hotel again, maybe to see them leaving. I agreed if we sat in the cafe across the road, so we did for a while. No sign of Maiden or any of the other fans. Suspicious! Later I found out that at 2pm they were already in Portugal, so they must've left at 7am or smth like that. That's a lesson to those who sleep half of the day - you miss out on everything!

After that Nika’s mood gradually got worse, ‘coz she didn’t get to meet Adrian. And I didn’t need it influencing my mood as well and spoiling good memories from the gig. So for the last coupla days I preferred to stay on my own and do the touristy stuff myself :D Pity that the storm broke my plans and I got my feet very wet :) However I still met with that girl I got acquainted at the gig and gave her a couple of my drawings. And on the last day I took a boat trip on St.Pete’s canals with my suitcase for a company :D



Then I got to the airport and boarded the plane with the idea that in an hour and a half I'll be already entering my apartment and greeting my cats. Like hell I was :) Instead of 1 hour, the plane was in the air for nearly 2 making circles 0_0. And when we finally landed, we waited for about 40 minutes for our luggage. Damn it!

But still, even a few hours later than I expected I was finally home and the last disappointing impressions of St.Pete were quite hazy in my head and didn't spoil my general excitement about what happened during the weekend and before that :) 'twas a great trip, albeit a very short one. But I met so many great people, including Janick himself, saw lots of interesting places and had the greatest of times at the gigs! But next tour I'm definitely going to more shows! Now I gotta find a way to hibernate for a few months with my good memories until the next tour is announced and I can start planning my part of it :)

But what's really amazing is that more than 3 weeks after my journey I'm still in an excellent mood most of the time and the excitement just doesn't subside. Incredible that :D I'm a total Maiden convert!

Dreamcometrue

No comments:

Post a Comment