Friday, January 27, 2012

New Intro

Hello and welcome.... to the Janick Gers Appreciation Blog!

Yep, it's the man's birthday today (hope you have a nice one Jan!) and I decided to re-dedicate this blog I had for a while completely to him.

Why? Because this man deserves to be appreciated :)

My unconditional admiration for him comes from a simple fact that he always makes me smile. No matter how down I am, I need to watch a Maiden video, listen a song which he plays, look at a couple of photos or even talk about him for a while - and it always does the trick, my mood is great again.

I first saw him a bit less than a year ago, during the first gig of TFF 2011 tour, which I watched from the seats quite far away, because I have never been an Iron Maiden fan before, so I chose the cheapest tickets and went to the gig just 'coz I was bored. And that changed everything! The moment I saw Janick, I was completely hooked both to him personally and to the whole band. An instant convert :) Well, as a matter of fact, my first impression was "What the hell is he doing? Is this guy for real or what?" :D But when I saw that he was indeed for real, I was hooked!

The first thing that attracted me to Mr.Gers was his passion for playing. You can clearly see it on stage, that all his stage antics come from the heart, 'coz he just can't do it differently. And it is a very enviable thing :D And really great to watch!

Then I started to pay attention to the music Janick plays - as I never paid to anyone else's style of playing. The first thing that I found just breathtakingly beautiful were 4 notes that he plays in the beginning of Clansman over and over again. So simple and yet it touches something deep within my soul. And that harmony on the 5th fret he plays in the live version of FotD - what a beautiful thing and how incomplete the album version sounds without it.And I still remember the first solo which I realised was certainly his without looking it up or seeing the song live - No More Lies. Still one of my top favourites! And all these melody he plays that follow the vocal line - just love those! But more about the music will be written later at some point, this is just an intro :)

And besides, he just ticks most of the boxes in my idea about what a good looking man should look like :) And sound like - what an absolutely lovely voice, accent and the way of phrasing!

And we have the same taste in clothes (which doesn't say highly about mine, does it? ;)) And the same love for walking around towns snapping pics.

So, this is the place where I can share my views about this awesome man and the band he plays in :) Let the appreciation begin! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment