Friday, March 23, 2012

En Vivo, first listen.

So, this morning I finally got to listen En Vivo. The first impression - god, it's great! :D I've listened to the bootleg from Moscow gig quite a lot so that all the songs are firmly embedded in my memory, besides, it was my first IM tour, so I was really looking forward to it. And it didn't disappoint. Talisman is just magnificent! The acoustic guitar sound more 'real' that on the album version, which adds to the feel of the sea shanty beginning. Loved all the little improvisations during Running Free - I never paid attention to them during live gigs :) Jan's solo in Danth of Death was another improvisation, but quite a good one this time, unlike in Death on the Road. And the Blood Brothers solo... It's the same as always, which means, it's perfect :D Bruce's manner of singing is great!

One negative moment though - during When The Wild Wind Blows the guitar channels appeared to be reversed, so that Jan's guitar was coming from the left earphone. Confused the hell out of me! :D Dunno, maybe it's just the dodgy mp3 I downloaded, 'coz I don't wanna wait for half a month or more 'til I be able to get the real thing. Hope it is just mp3s and not the mistake in the mixing, 'coz it really sounds wrong this way...

But it was great to listen it before watching. I know, that when I'll be watching it, I won't pay attention to the subtleties of the music - all my attention would be focused on the visual side, as usual. To be more precise, on him:

No comments:

Post a Comment